mailRe: Adding value.write of theta/w_eff to auto-analysis of relax_didp for R1rho experiments.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on March 12, 2014 - 18:36:
Hi,

For the definitions for the different dispersion models, you should
look at the code in the lib.dispersion modules.  In each case it is
handled differently.  Which value are you after exactly?  If you are
after the measured exponential relaxation rate, directly from the NMR
spectrum, that would be spin.r2eff (either from the exponential curve
or the two point approach).  If you are interested in the R2eff value
from the fitted parameters for the specific model, which is what those
equations look like, that would be the back-calculated value stored in
spin.r2eff_bc.  If you are interested in the pure on-resonance R1rho'
value with no exchange, that would be spin.r20.

From the equations, it looks like you are after the on-resonance R1rho
value with exchange.  Is this correct?  This value is never calculated
or stored in relax as it serves no purpose.  Are you really sure this
is what you are after, and not the back-calculated value which should
match the experimental values?  If you are really sure, then I suppose
it could be calculated.  But this would have to be done for all the
different R1rho dispersion models, and each is different.  You would
have to call the functions of lib.dispersion (for every dispersion
model this will be different), and set the rotating frame tilt angle
to zero.  Then the back_calc data structure will contain the required
values.  I have a feeling that this is not what you are after though.