mailRe: Allow relax to be dependent on numpy 1.6 ?

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on June 23, 2014 - 11:29:
Hi Troels,

I think that this is reasonable.  Numpy 1.6.0 was released on
2011-05-15, so this is now 3 years old.  For speed in the numeric
dispersion models, this now appears to be quite important.  I think
that we only need to change the documentation and webpage
http://www.nmr-relax.com/download.html to say that the numpy version
number supported is 1.6 or higher, and that older versions should be
used at your own risk.

I'm wondering if we could skip the relaxation dispersion system tests
if numpy is not the correct version.  It will be almost guaranteed
that someone will report on the mailing list that the test suite now
fails.  It would be good if we can have the test failure messages
saying that numpy >= 1.6 is required.  We could simply skip the tests
with the category being 'numpy < 1.6'.  You can find this
infrastructure in the test suite with:

$ grep status.skipped_tests test_suite/*/*

Also see the status.py file for documentation on the skipped_tests variable.