mailRe: Representing the Brownian rotational diffusion tensor in Molmol, etc.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on October 27, 2006 - 17:15:
On 10/28/06, Sebastien Morin <sebastien.morin.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Edward

Well, I'm sorry about my absence of knowledge of the details of the
Pymol licensing... I'm not so much of a developer and obviously often
see things much simpler than they are.

I just wanted to throw the idea about Pymol.

It is a good idea and I would like to get relax and PyMOL to talk to each other. Despite the interesting legal implications of PyMOL's dual licencing and copyright assignment strategy, it is a great molecular viewer. There must be a way of interfacing the two programs without running PyMOL inside relax or running relax inside PyMOL! Although I didn't put too much effort into it, I have previously tried to interface the two. I don't have much time at the moment to try again but if anyone else would like to generate PyMOL images through relax to illustrate the model-free, reduced spectral density mapping, NOE, R1, R2, etc. results - I'm sure there will be many people interested in this feature. This goes for any program used to visualise the results. Or any program which generates data read into relax. As relax is a community project, anyone can add these features to the program.