mailRe: Great work with the multi-processor branch!

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on May 26, 2007 - 18:56:
On 5/17/07, Gary S. Thompson <garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Edward d'Auvergne wrote:

>On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 13:59 +0100, Gary S. Thompson wrote:
>

>>garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

[snip]

>>Architecture
>>--------------
>>
>>The processor extensions act as a wrapper around the core of relax and
>>with relativley minimal changes (see for example
>>multi.commands.MF_minimise_command and
>>specific_fns.model_free.minimse()) which allows relax to distribute
>>distribute computational tasks in a mater slave manner on a  number of
>>different processor 'fabrics'.  The a fabric is thus  defines a
>>mechanism of distributing computational tasks. The three fabrics
>>currently supported are
>>

>When the multi-processor code is ported back to the 1.3 branch, once
>that branch is closer to completion, the multi.commands.MF_* classes
>should be moved into specific_fns.model_free.multi.MF_* where the file
>is called 'specific_fns/model_free/multi.py'.  I'm in the process of
>splitting up the model_free.py file into multiple, more manageable
>files.  The code of the MF_* classes is specific to model-free analysis
>and should really be placed in the 'specific_fns/model_free' directory.
>This code is also all minimisation code so maybe it could go into the
>future 'specific_fns/model_free/minimise.py' file.

one other thought is to try and move it down a  level into the generic
miniser level....

I don't think this is necessary.  Actually doing this would probably
be extremely painful and I doubt could be made generic enough for any
type of analysis using the 'grid_search' or 'minimise' generic
functions.

Bye,