mailRe: [bug #11823] non-reproducible data with reduced spectral density mapping

Posted by Sébastien Morin on June 13, 2008 - 19:27:
Hi Barbara,

There were two bugs in relax concerning jw_mapping.

The bugs were respectively 9238 (https://gna.org/bugs/?9238) and 9259
(https://gna.org/bugs/?9259)

These were corrected in revisions 3298 (30-05-2007) and 3302 (20-06-2007).

So, if your old version of relax was prior these dates, your old
calculated jw_mapping results were erroneous.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a nice day !

Sébastien Morin

Barbara wrote:

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name:
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: 1.2.13
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Details:

Hi-

I am having a rather odd problem with Relax.  I used Relax last year to
calculate the spectral densities J(o), J(wN) and J(wH) for two proteins.
This
year I wanted to use Relax to calculate the same dataset for a slightly
modified version of one of the proteins.  I expected that the results would
be the same for all residues except for the three residues in which the data
changed (it's a 118 residue protein).  Unfortunately I had to reinstall the
hard drive on my computer recently, and thus also Relax and all the other
programs.  When I got everything up and running and calculated the spectral
densities, they were way off from what I expected for all residues.  For
example, I originally got J(0) values between 0.01 - 0.07 ns/rad, but now I
am getting J(0) values between 0.28 - 1.2 ns/rad.  To see if it was
something
wrong in one of my input files, I recalculated the spectral densities I
calculated last year, using the same exact input files and everything as I
did last year, but those results now matched this new data (J(0) values
between 0.28 - 1.2ns/rad).  The two datasets I ran today are the same except
for those three residues I changed, but the results are different from the
original results I obtained last year.  Any thoughts on what is different
when I run these?  I'm completely baffled.... any suggestions would be
great!

  <http://gna.org/bugs/?11823>