mailRe: CSA & bond length

Posted by Alexandar Hansen on July 16, 2007 - 20:31:
I'm not a protein expert, but unless you're at ~GHz fields, a 2 ppm difference in 15N CSA magnitude is going to be negligible.  The error in the site-by-site CSA is going to be ~5-10 ppm, if not more, anyways.  The important thing, I imagine, is that you know what the value you are using is and what assumptions are involved (ie. collinearity with NH bond, symmetric CSA tensor).

Alex Hansen