mailRe: Temperature calibration & relax @ Mac OS X 10.7. 3 „Lion“

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on April 03, 2012 - 13:37:
Hi Martin,

What you have done is perfectly correct.  And this information is also
very important.  The fact that there is no file ~/real_gui.log is
quite interesting.  This says that the problem is not within relax!
Hence, I know that the problem lies directly in the Mac OS X framework
(the technical details are that this framework comes from Xcode 3.2.2
and is bundled into the DMG file via the py2app Python module
(http://wiki.python.org/moin/MacPython/py2app)).  As there is no log,
the crash has happened before relax can even start :)  What I might
try to do is create a new DMG file for relax 1.3.14 using Xcode 3.2.6
(I have recently upgraded).  However you might have to wait until
tonight or tomorrow for it to appear at
http://www.nmr-relax.com/download.html.  I am hoping that Apple may
have fixed this Mac framework failure on Lion with this Xcode version!

P. S.  To be 100% sure, if you type in a terminal:

$ ls ~/real_gui.log

or:

$ find relax.app/ -name real_gui.log
$ find ~ -name real_gui.log