Re: [Relax-devel] problems compiling from source (January 25, 2006 - 08:59)

Headers

I think I have a solution to the OS X compilation problem.  It
involves the Scons build system.  I've created a simple script which
should compile the C modules under most operating systems.

To use this system, you will need the Scons system installed.   The
website is http://www.scons.org/.  There the source package (either
the .tar.gz or .zip file) can be downloaded and installed by typing
'python setup.py install'.  Alternatively for OS X, have a look at
http://scons.darwinports.com/.

Make sure you have the Python C headers installed as well.  Type
'locate Python.h' or 'slocate Python.h' and if nothing is found,
install the Python development files.  The package under my Linux
system is called libpython2.4-devel.  I'm not sure what it would be
called for Macs.  You might also need the Numeric Python development
files as well.

Once everything is installed, type 'scons' in the relax directory to
compile the C code.  I have a feeling that there will still be a few
problems with the Python shared object created in OS X.  If you have
problems, I'll try to force the options '-bundle -bundle_loader
/usr/bin/python -dynamic' after working out how to detect that the
operating system is Mac OS X.

Edward

P.S.  To respond to these messages, make sure to reply to all so that
relax-devel at gna.org is added to the CC list.