mailmulti processing

Posted by Gary S. Thompson on April 13, 2006 - 13:07:
Dear Ed
I was we have a 148 processor beowolf cluster ;-) I was thinking of having a go at developing a distributed version of relax... are you ok with that or do you have plans of your own?

The general idea was to have scripts look almost as they are but

1. have a command to register multi processor handlers
2. have a command to add machines and parameters to the multi processor pool
3. add code to the generic functions/or replace the generic funcntions if the multiprocessing is setup to batch up components of calculations and pass them out to the compute servers
4. add code to multiplex the results back together again

obviously this would just be a prototype at first but it could be rather useful
regards
gary

Dr Gary Thompson
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology,
University of Leeds, Astbury Building,
Leeds, LS2 9JT, West-Yorkshire, UK             Tel. +44-113-3433024
email: garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   Fax  +44-113-2331407