mailRe: Copyright ownership.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on May 04, 2006 - 04:34:
Hi,

Gary, feel free to go at your own pace.  As I'm writing my PhD thesis,
I won't complain about a slow pace.  Anyway the changes are completely
up to you - you can do what you like (all code gets checked and vetted
though to keep things sane).  Oh, when replying don't forget to hit
'reply to all' so that the development list is in the CC email field
(if you forward your email with the forward info removed from the
subject line and top of the email, your post should hopefully be
slotted between my two emails).  As for the clustering ideas, Andrew
Perry knows quite a bit about MPI and Python.

Edward

On 5/2/06, Gary S. Thompson <garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Edward d'Auvergne wrote:

> Gary,
>
> For the two files which you created 'maths_fns/chi2.h' and
> 'maths_fns/exponential.h', you have added the copyright statement:
>
> Copyright (C) 2006 Edward d'Auvergne
>
> As there have been no copyright assignments either made or requested
> it may be best to have your name with an email address on the files
> such as:
>
> Copyright (C) 2006 Gary Thompson <garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I should start adding my email address to the copyright statements as
> well.  For every contribution made to the repository the copyright to
> that code is owned by the contributor.  Information about the exact
> changes, who made it, and when it was made is permanently stored
> within the repository.  In the case of the two files you added I do
> not own the copyright to them as there has been no copyright transfer
> statement.  Your name would be best on them (unless you don't want it
> there, in which case you may need to transfer the copyright).
>
> Edward
>

> P.S.  Chris, didn't you add a file a while back as well?

fine I have updates the files to have my copyright and a pointer to the
users list for contact details. I will write some thoughts on your
mutiprocessing comments in the next day or so ;-) (I have thought about
it but just haven't had time to put it in a coherent form...)

regards
gary

Dr Gary Thompson
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology,
University of Leeds, Astbury Building,
Leeds, LS2 9JT, West-Yorkshire, UK             Tel. +44-113-3433024
email: garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   Fax  +44-113-2331407