mailRe: Re: [bug #6288] errors in value.copy and value.delete, possibly sequence gap related...

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on July 18, 2006 - 08:53:
all residues, except for the glycines (G2, G7, G8, G14, G26) should have
their values such as CSA etc. set.

I've attached the python script to this email, together with the .save
file that gets read in by it, and the .results file. The .save and
.results are from a previous relax run in which I have fitted
microdynamic parameters to the relaxation data. Now I want to see how
well the relaxation data belonging to the fitted microdynamic parameters
fit to the measured original data...

[NOTE: I've attached the respective files to the bug report on the
bugtracker - hjs]

Thanks. I've assigned the bug #6288 (https://gna.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=6288) to myself and I'll work on a fix tonight and hopefully release version 1.2.5 with these fixes tomorrow.

On a related note: The error occurs in both relax 1.2.2 and relax 1.2.3.
I tried testing relax 1.2.4., but It won't start up on my machine giving
me the following error:

[h.schirra@djc-montecristi ~/kalata]$ ~/relax-1.2.4/relax
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/h.schirra/relax-1.2.4/relax", line 70, in ?
    from io import IO
  File "/home/h.schirra/relax-1.2.4/io.py", line 36, in ?
    from os import F_OK, access, devnull, makedirs, remove, stat
ImportError: cannot import name devnull

Is that a relax issue, or shall I kick our IT guys for a dodgy python
installation??

The import of the devnull function has only recently been added to relax (between versions 1.2.3 and 1.2.4). It may require a newer version of python listed in the dependencies or a rethink of whether I should use this function. The point of using 'devnull' is so that relax functions (either user functions or internal functions) which create files can be tested within the relax test-suite, the output being piped and lost within 'devnull'. Which version of python are you using?