mailChecking out the relax web pages from the CVS repository.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on October 13, 2006 - 07:03:
If you would like to help in editing, expanding, or adding new pages
to the relax web pages (changes should be discussed publicly here
first though), this can be done using CVS.  The web pages at
http://nmr-relax.com are stored in a CVS repository which can be viewd
at http://cvs.gna.org/cvsweb/?cvsroot=relax.homepage.  If you haven't
used CVS before, the commands are essentially the same as SVN.  You
have 'cvs co' to checkout the pages, 'cvs up' to update your local
copy, 'cvs st' to see the status (although I've created a Unix shell
script to keep this output sane), 'cvs diff' to get a diff of the
changes, and 'cvs ci' to commit changes (if you are a relax
committer).

If you are not a relax committer, you can checkout a local copy of the
web pages by typing:

$ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxx:/cvs/relax.homepage co relax

For checking out the web pages as a relax committer (with write access), type:

$ cvs co bugman@xxxxxxxxxxx:/cvs/relax.homepage relax

replacing 'bugman' with your Gna! login name.  The environmental
variable 'CVS_RSH' must be set to 'ssh'.  In bash, sh, etc, type:

$ export CVS_RSH=ssh

In csh, tcsh, etc, type:

$ setenv CVS_RSH ssh

Gary, although I now have repository access, could you still have a go at fixing the problem on the 'Communication' page (the relax-commits mailing list archive link which points to relax-users)? I have a number of other relax related things which I need to fix.