mailRe: unit tests vs... the current test_suite

Posted by Andrew Perry on November 06, 2006 - 03:50:

1. we need to be able to run the unittests woithou the gui sometimes ;-)
(I tend to view qa lot of gui stuff for calculations as 'sugar' command
lines are often quicker easier and more informative)

Yes, I agree. Despite the strong visual feedback it gives about errors, a GUI is actually quite superfluous. It's just what Biopython does by default, not what relax should do. I would suggest keeping the default behavior as console only for everything (including unittest output) that is not an external program (grace / pymol / molmol, etc etc), since this will avoid wasting time on GUI related bugs and support requests.

Andrew