mailRe: Keeping the 'test_suite' branch in sync.

Posted by Gary S. Thompson on November 28, 2006 - 11:03:
Edward d'Auvergne wrote:

Hi Gary,

It might be worth considering porting all the changes which have
occurred within the 1.3 line into the 'test_suite' branch.  A large
number of changes have been made to the 1.3 line and hence the branch
is quite out of sync.  I believe that porting the changes will already
cause at least one 'conflict'.  It could soon get to a stage where it
will be very difficult to update.

P.S. The link to the description on how to do this porting is
https://mail.gna.org/public/relax-devel/2006-11/msg00049.html
Don't worry about stuffing things up, everything is reversible.

.

Hi Ed
   I am having a go at this with the command

svn merge --dry-run -r2718:2888 svn+ssh://varioustoxins@xxxxxxxxxxx/svn/relax/1.3 .

run in the test_suite branch directory but I am getting the following errors

Skipped missing target: 'test_suite/sequence.py' Skipped missing target: 'test_suite/test_suite.py' Skipped missing target: 'test_suite/angles.py' Skipped missing target: 'test_suite/model_free.py' Skipped missing target: 'test_suite/data/model_free/orig_state.bz2' Skipped missing target: 'test_suite/data/curve_fitting/rx.save.bz2'

can you help?

I did a snv up on both 1.3 and test_suite before I started and these files are not present...

(note I did this at home and work on exactly the same repository (i mounted the directory from work over sshfs) and got different results, there were many more skipped missing targets at work [this appears to be a version problem, at work we are stuck with svn 1.0.0 whereas at home I have1.3.2])

regards
gary

nb here are the skipped targets at work

Skipped missing target: 'docs/latex/images/model_free/new_protocol.eps.gz'
Skipped missing target: 'docs/latex/images/model_free/mandel95.eps.gz'
Skipped missing target: 'docs/latex/images/model_free/init_diff_est.svg'
Skipped missing target: 'docs/latex/images/model_free/new_protocol.svg'
Skipped missing target: 'docs/latex/images/model_free/init_diff_est.eps.gz'
Skipped missing target: 'docs/latex/images/model_free/mandel95.svg'
Skipped missing target: 'test_suite/sequence.py'
Skipped missing target: 'test_suite/test_suite.py'
Skipped missing target: 'test_suite/angles.py'
Skipped missing target: 'test_suite/model_free.py'
Skipped missing target: 'test_suite/data/model_free/orig_state.bz2'
Skipped missing target: 'test_suite/data/curve_fitting/rx.save.bz2'
Skipped missing target: 'data/__init__.py'
Skipped missing target: 'data/diff_tensor.py'
Skipped missing target: 'data/main.py'
Skipped missing target: 'data/data_classes.py'

Dr Gary Thompson
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology,
University of Leeds, Astbury Building,
Leeds, LS2 9JT, West-Yorkshire, UK             Tel. +44-113-3433024
email: garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   Fax  +44-113-2331407