mailRe: how to parallelise model_free minimise

Posted by gary thompson on March 28, 2007 - 18:30:
Another question about parallelising model_free minimise

model_free.py carrys around a grab bag of state and some of what might
be called pseudo state for the object (some of the state is only
relevant within one function call and effectively is a hidden local
variable and method/function argument e.g param_vector and
self.disassemble_param_vector). Now specific_fns.model_free.minimise
has the following code  after the minimise  and self.f_count etc are
clearly state

self.f_count = self.f_count + fc
self.g_count = self.g_count + gc
self.h_count = self.h_count + hc

who and what is this state save for and where is it accessed? because
i might well not have the same minimise instance when I get back from
multiprocessing to save it to (or is there only one instance of
model_free? is it a singleton? it certainly looks so from my tests
and in actual fact effectively this data is module level data in
specific_functions.model_free am I correct ;-)