mailConsistency tests

Posted by Sebastien Morin on June 15, 2007 - 20:19:
Hi everyone

During the last months, I was astonished to realize that some spin
relaxation data I had acquired at different fields were not consistent
between each other. The way I realized that was by seeing discrepancy
between J(0) values calculated with those different datasets.

I looked a little bit in the litterature and found some interesting
consistency tests in a paper by Fushman (Fushman et al., JACS, 1998,
120:10947-10952).

This paper present 2 consistency tests to compare datasets from
different magnetic fields / samples / time / etc.

I think it would be interesting to implement those simple tests in relax
so the user can, before trying to fit their data, know the quality of
those... Regrettably, very few people look at the consistency of their
datasets before analysis...

The underlying principle is the same as when looking at consistency for
J(0). Thus, I think that those two tests and a J(0) test should be
implemented altogether...

I'll try to work a bit on this. Mimicking the code for spectral density
should be a good starting point.

Am I right ?
Do you see any value in those tests ?

Cheers