mailRe: Consistency tests

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on July 09, 2007 - 11:51:
Hi,

Your efforts are appreciated.  This code, once incorporated, would be
useful to many NMR spectroscopists using relax.  For them to know
about it though, it would be useful to add a short description of this
to the relax manual (as a new chapter with figures created using
relax, like at
http://maple.rsvs.ulaval.ca/mediawiki/index.php/Relax_development).
I'll create a branch from the 1.2 line for adding your code to.  I'll
also create a branch from the 1.3 line because porting this code will
not be trivial.  The porting shouldn't be too hard though, but unit
tests will be needed (these should catch the small, rare bugs).

As for the code headers, if the code is derived from other code then
the original copyright legally needs to be preserved.  Your copyright
can be added below that.  What I would like to do though is to use the
'svn cp' command to copy these files within the repository.  That way
we will be able to follow the history of these files within the
repository.  Are the following histories correct:

maths_fns/jw_mapping.py -> maths_fns/consistency_tests.py
prompt/jw_mapping.py -> prompt/consistency_tests.py
sample_scripts/jw_mapping.py -> sample_scripts/consistency_tests.py
specific_fns/jw_mapping.py -> specific_fns/consistency_tests.py
test_suite/jw_mapping.py -> test_suite/consistency_tests.py