mailre: CSA & bond length

Posted by gary thompson on July 26, 2007 - 11:11:

On 7/23/07, Sebastien Morin < sebastien.morin.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Gary

As for the 1.2 line, there is no global CSA and bond length. However, for the 1.3 line, there will be one.

HI Seb

thats good ;-) I am not upto speed at the moment because I have been solving structures and not doing dynamics ;-)

This is part of the changes from the 1.2 to the 1.3 line.

The default CSA value we're talking about here is only the system's CSA that is used in the test-suite and also in the program when someone doesn't set a value. That said, the value used by someone can be input in the scripts like it is the case in the sample scripts (e.g.   value.set(name, -172 * 1e-6, 'csa')   ). So, a global default value as is planned in the 1.3 line should be used everywhere except in the sample scripts

most probably the default value should be used in the  sample scripts as well... it will get the users into the good habit of using named constants

as an aside as we change things and put in the new csa we ought to still run against the old tests with the old csa value etc to check that we haven't changed things other than the csa...

regards
gary

(and text comments) where a numerical value should be used.

Cheers

Séb :)