mailData set format

Posted by Sebastien Morin on August 21, 2007 - 18:53:
Hi all !

I am now analysing data using relax (line 1.2, branch consistency-tests,
revision 3354).

I realized (when using the consistency tests function) that it could be
nice to check data set format and output a error message when the format
isn't like the one requested.

For example, a data set of the following format wouldn't work :

1 0.90 0.05
2 0.79 0.05
3 0.6  0.1

neither would it work with the following format :

Gly  1  0.90  0.05
Gly  2  0.79  0.05
Gly  3  0.6    0.1

However, a dataset of the following format would work as it is the
format required :

1  Gly  0.90  0.05
2  Gly  0.79  0.05
3  Gly  0.6    0.1

This type of error is long to find out for a standard user as the error
messages yielded are not very helpful.

So, would it be a good idea to add a kind of test for the data set
format ? Maybe this has been already proposed for the 1.3 line. If so,
sorry for the duplicate request...

Cheers !

Sébastien  :)

--