mailCCPN data model.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on November 30, 2007 - 11:49:
On Nov 30, 2007 10:53 AM, Gary Thompson <garyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Edward d'Auvergne wrote:

[snip]

So my proposal is as follows.  We migrate all of relax to
numpy 1.0.4 and higher as the linear algebra code, from my limited
testing, now appears to work.  Numeric is completely removed from the
picture.  Then we make ScientificPython an option and allow other PDB
readers into relax, again as options.  The user function
structure.read_pdb(), which will have the PDB reader as a function
argument, will then throw a RelaxError if the package is not
installed.  And finally, the minimisation code should not be migrated
to numpy because of the new project https://gna.org/projects/minfx/.
Hence the minimise/ directory will soon be removed from the 1.3 line.
Does anyone see any problems with these ideas?

nope no probs as far as I can see

on an aside should we start supporting the ccpn datamodel?

Support of the CCPN data model (http://www.ccpn.ac.uk/ccpn/data-model)
can of course be added to relax, and would be a welcome addition.
Well for the 1.3 line anyway.  Can you envisage a practical use for
this?  Is there a specific application?  Do you mean for the structure
reader?  Or for the spectral side of things?