mailRe: Precision with ModelFree (palmer.py)

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on January 14, 2008 - 16:18:
Hi,

The reason for the rounding is because I was mimicking the example of
the 'mfpar' file in the Modelfree manual
(http://www.cumc.columbia.edu/dept/gsas/biochem/labs/palmer/software/modelfree_manual.pdf).
 There the numbers are given to 3 decimal places.  This may make a bit
of a difference in the optimisation, but I don't know if Modelfree
will accept higher precision numbers.  To increase this number, it
will have to be thoroughly tested using Modelfree.  It will involve
modifying the 'create_mfpar' method in the generic_fns.palmer module
(I'll be changing this one day soon from a class method to a module
function).  This change, if it doesn't cause problems with Modelfree,
should go into the 1.3 line after approval.