mailRe: [bug #11860] Feature request for diffusion tensor representation

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on July 03, 2008 - 23:33:
Hi,

I've been watching all the commits for the new test you have been
adding.  The test_suite/system_tests/diffusion_tensor.py file is the
correct place for this test.  Whether or not these commands are in a
script is up to you.  In this case it doesn't matter, it's really of
benefit if someone posts a relax script with truncated data in a bug
report.  These can then go into the scripts and data directories and
setting up the test is about 3 lines of code.  As for using
'Ap4Aase_res1-12.pdb', well any of the data in these directories can
be recycled to make life simpler.

The code quality is quite good, although I have a few tips which
should help.  One thing I noticed with the test is that it doesn't use
the standard relax convention for function names.  The other thing is
that in these tests, any files that are created should be sent to
'devnull' (by simply calling the file that) or sent into a temporary
file so that it can be checked if it was properly created and then
finally deleted.  An example of using temporary files is in
test_suite/unit_tests/sequence_testing_base.py.  Note how setUp()
creates the file and tearDown() destroys it.  This is important so
that relax doesn't leave orphaned files in the platform's specific
temporary directory.  Using devnull or a temp file will be necessary
to get the test to pass.

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 12:20 AM, Sébastien Morin