mailRe: Membership request for group relax

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on September 10, 2008 - 09:25:
Dear Pavel and Petr,

Thank you for your interest in the relax open source project.  The
addition of your code is most welcome as it would benefit not only
yourselves but the relax project as well.  However its addition will
need to be completed in the open source way, being done in small
pieces with all code fully peer reviewed by the relax developers.  I
am currently on holiday in Australia for a few weeks, so the process
may be a little slower than usual.  To contribute to the relax
project, you and Petr should first sign up to the relax mailing lists.
 I hope I have guessed Petr's email address correctly in the CC list.
If not, could you please forward this message Pavel?

The procedure for becoming a developer with commit access to the
source code repository in an open source project is democratic.  I
would recommend to first read chapter 3 of the relax manual, ' Open
source infrastructure', which came with the program or can be found at
http://download.gna.org/relax/manual/1.2/relax.pdf or
http://www.nmr-relax.com/manual/1.2/relax.html.  Then chapter 9,
'relax development', describes in detail the steps required to become
a developer with commit access.  These two chapters need to be read
thoroughly.  Actually, it would be better if you read the up-to-date
manual for the 1.3 development line, as that is were your code will
need to go.  The 1.3 line can be checked out using the Subversion
program by typing:

$ svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/relax/1.3 relax-1.3

or if this doesn't work:

$ svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/relax/1.3 relax-1.3

After signing up to the relax mailing lists, you will need to first
prove your abilities by submitting your changes as patches.  Only
afterwards can we, the relax developers, vote to grant you commit
access.  I would like to create a branch from the 1.3 line for you
code first though (http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/relax/branches/).  Would
you have a name that I can use for your branch?  I can then merge
patches into this branch.  If the code does not affect the normal
operation of relax it can, once complete, be merged back into the 1.3
line and released.

Sincerely,

Edward