mailRe: [bug #12499] DIFF_MODEL = 'prolate' optimization failure

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on October 24, 2008 - 17:33:
Hi,

Here the bug is not due to a maximum number of iterations being
reached.  That message was for the previous residue which optimised
correctly.  The message was part of the Method of Multipliers (or
Augmented Lagrangian) constraint algorithm and is perfectly normal.
This is a curious and complicated bug.  I'm not sure if it is part of
relax (http://nmr-relax.com, I know that link is useless for the
reader but it is good for Google's bots ;) or if it part of the minfx
project (https://gna.org/projects/minfx/) which is a project I run
that used to be part of relax.  Unfortunately I can't reproduce the
bug with the supplied data, so this will be much more difficult.  If I
can reproduce it though, then I can use standard debugging techniques
rather than manually reading and searching through code.  I'll try to
work on this one, but if you could create a small sub-set of stand
alone data that allows me to reproduce the bug, i.e. a directory with
a mini-script and truncated (maybe also randomised) data that runs and
gives the error, that would significantly speed up my debugging
efforts.

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Tyler Reddy