mailRe: relaxing the BMRB.

Posted by Eldon Ulrich on January 12, 2009 - 19:45:
Hi Edward,

Glad to hear you are making progress with the NMR-STAR output. In general, a BMRB entry in NMR-STAR format is a valid file to upload into the ADIT-NMR deposition system as the starting point for a deposition. Partial files can be used also (i.e., a saveframe with chemical shift or relaxation data), but the system may not be able to extract as much information like the protein sequence as the sequence may be incomplete.

We are revisiting the values to be used for the 'coherence_type' tag. The current enumerations are not really correct it seems. Also, in discussion here, it appears that double quantum, single quantum antiphase, longitudinal spin order, and other forms of coherences are not truly R1, R2, or R1rho relaxation. It may be useful to create another saveframe to capture these kinds of data. I will document our current thinking and send it in another e-mail. I would be very pleased to have your input on this.

Cheers,
Eldon