mailrelax, the BMRB, and the ENC.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on February 13, 2009 - 11:54:
Dear Eldon,

For the ENC, I am considering presenting a poster advertising relax
with a focus on integration with the BMRB.  I will submit an abstract
along these lines and aim to have relax producing semi-complete
NMR-STAR v3.1 formatted files by then.  Not much code exists for this
yet, but I have been designing (in my head) how this multiple NMR-STAR
version writing/reading should be done in relax so implementation in
relax should now be straight forward.  I was wondering what you
thought of the idea about advertising this so early?  All the fields
need not yet exist, for example the 3 parts about temperature control
(MeOH or ethylene glycol spectometer/experiment calibration,
temperature compensation blocks, and single scan interleaving).  But I
think this would simply be good advertising, helping people become
aware of both the program relax and BMRB's rising importance in
relaxation data deposition.  Maybe it will even help for talking to
journal editors and associate editors about not accepting model-free
dynamics papers until the results are deposited into the BMRB?