mailRe: To all relax developers: presenting relax at the ENC conference and preliminary BMRB NMR-STAR file creation for model-free results.

Posted by Eldon Ulrich on March 13, 2009 - 16:52:
Hi Edward,

I am working on the dictionary and the enumerations for various tags. Below are proposed enumerations with a few comments. I should have this in good shape over the weekend.

Comment #1: The 'General_relaxation' saveframe is intended for standard two spin relaxation data, but would include more than just R1, R1rho, and R2 as you can see below. I think it would be best to reserve this saveframe for rates and not include time constants. It would not include cross-correlation data.

Comment #2: For the 'Temp_calibration_method', I have spelled out the names of the chemical compounds as there are too many abbreviations and acronyms that might cause confusion.

Comment #3: I kept the 'Temp_control_method' as an enumerated tag instead of breaking it into two tags as you suggested. This allows for the designation of 'no temperature control applied' and for additional types of control methods to be added.

Comment #4: The 'Temp_calibration_method' and 'Temp_calibration_method' tags also have been added to the saveframe where a complete description of the NMR experiment is contained (NMR_spec_expt). The table where you suggested putting these tags is intended only to link NMR experiments with samples and sample conditions and the details for each of these are give in the specific saveframes.

Comment #5: We agree here that the 'Order_parameter' saveframe should be redefined as 'Model_free'. The draft proposal for renaming the tags in the new 'Model_free' saveframe are given below. I also included just an idea for how to handle the bond_vector issue you raised by creating a separate table for this information that is linked to each order parameter value in the main data table.

I am afraid I have some family obligations to take care of now, but will be back to work on this later this afternoon and as I said hope to have a complete proposal ready over the weekend.

Thanks,
Eldon

save__General_relaxation_list.Relaxation_coherence_type

    loop_
      _item_enumeration_value
      _item_enumeration_description

   Iz                  'R1              longitudinal'
   Sz                  'R1              longitudinal'

   I+                  'R1rho           transverse'
   I-                  'R1rho           transverse'
   S+                  'R1rho           transverse'
   S-                  'R1rho           transverse'
   (I+)+(I-)           'R1rho           transverse'
   (S+)+(S-)           'R1rho           transverse'

   I+                  'R2              transverse'
   I-                  'R2              transverse'
   S+                  'R2              transverse'
   S-                  'R2              transverse'
   (I+)+(I-)           'R2              transverse'
   (S+)+(S-)           'R2              transverse'

   I-S+             'ZQ relaxation'
   I+S-             'ZQ relaxation'
   (I+S-)+(I-S+)    'ZQ relaxation'

   IzSz             'longitudinal spin order'

   I+Sz             'single quantum antiphase'
   I-Sz             'single quantum antiphase'
   IzS+             'single quantum antiphase'
   IzS-             'single quantum antiphase'
  ((I+)+(I-))Sz     'single quantum antiphase'
  Iz((S+)+(S-))     'single quantum antiphase'

   I+S+             'DQ relaxation'
   I-S-             'DQ relaxation'
 (I+S+)+(I-S-)      'DQ relaxation'

    stop_

save_

save__General_relaxation_list.Relaxation_type_common_name

    loop_
      _item_enumeration_value
      _item_enumeration_description

      R1                                    .
      R2                                    .
      R1rho                                 .
     'ZQ relaxation'                        .
     'longitudinal spin order'              .
     'single quantum antiphase'             .
     'DQ relaxation'                        .

    stop_

save_

save__General_relaxation_list.Relaxation_val_units

    loop_
      _item_enumeration_value
      _item_enumeration_description

         s-1           .
         ms-1          .
         us-1          .
         ps-1          .

    stop_

save_

save__General_relaxation_list.Temp_calibration_method

    loop_
      _item_enumeration_value
      _item_enumeration_description

    methanol                    .
   'monoethylene glycol'        .
   'no calibration applied'     .

   stop_

save_

save__General_relaxation_list.Temp_control_method

    loop_
      _item_enumeration_value
      _item_enumeration_description

    'single scan interleaving'                                         .
    'temperature compensation block'                                   .
    'single scan interleaving and temperature compensation block'      .
    'no temperature control applied'                                   .

   stop_

save_

save_
save_order_parameter_list_1
     _Model_free_list.Sf_category
     _Model_free_list.Sf_framecode
     _Model_free_list.ID
     _Model_free_list.Sample_condition_list_ID
     _Model_free_list.Sample_condition_list_label
     _Model_free_list.Tau_e_val_units
     _Model_free_list.Tau_s_val_units
     _Model_free_list.Global_chi_squared_fit_val
     _Model_free_list.Global_tau_c_val
     _Model_free_list.Details

  loop_
     _Model_free_input.Saveframe_category_ID
     _Model_free_input.Saveframe_label
     _Model_free_experiment.Model_free_list_ID

  stop_

  loop_
     _Model_free_software.Software_ID
     _Model_free_software.Software_label