mailRe: [bug #13744] relax fails to report convergence even though output files are identical

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on June 30, 2009 - 21:45:
Hi,

Sorry for not responding sooner, I have been flat out preparing for
the Euromar conference.  But this is an easy answer.  This issue is a
well known bug which is in the full_analysis.py script convergence
testing, and not in core of the relax program.  The problem is that
the iterative minimisation/model selection can sometimes be caught in
a loop, usually of 2 or 3 (sometimes more) iterations.  Here the
algorithm is actually looping between 2 or 3 very similar universes (=
models), hence never converges (the convergence test is for the same
universe + same parameters in 2 subsequent iterations).  What is
needed is someone to come up with an algorithm to add to
full_analysis.py to catch this and break.  This will be very simple,
but no one has had the time to fix it yet.  I hope this helps.

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 8:20 PM,