mailRe: [bug #14876] Error reading pdb file

Posted by Michael Bieri on December 04, 2009 - 00:28:
Hi Edward

Thank you for your advice. The pdb file was read after deleting the TER lines. But there are no NH atoms.... How could you analyze this data? Do you have another 1F35.pdb file that contains hydrogens? The one from pdb.org does not have any hydrogens (maybe 10...).

Cheers
Michael

Edward d'Auvergne schrieb:
Hi,

I've had a look at the file and as far as I can tell, it has corrupted
the PDB format.  There are TER records in the middle of the protein?!?
 These are before MSE residues!  According to
http://www.wwpdb.org/documentation/format32/sect9.html#TER (PDB format
- Atomic Coordinate Entry Format Version 3.2), "The TER record
indicates the end of a list of ATOM/HETATM records for a chain."  But
in this file TER is not the end of the chain.  This is a clear and
blatant violation of the PDB standard!  Retards!  So I really don't
know how to handle this, or how common this is.  I'm trying to repair
this file by deleting the TER records, to see what that will do.