mailRe: [task #6847] The Bieri graphical user interface.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on January 18, 2010 - 13:54:
Hi Michael,

For me to apply this patch, can you break it into its different parts?  I.e.

patch_import:

- removed 'from res.xxxx import *'

patch_stacking:

- removed 'app. wx.PySimpleApp()' to avoid stacking problem, but I changed
teh __init__ file in /bieri_gui/gui_bieri/ by placing the wx.PySimpleApp
function before opening the about wx.Frame (which I reformated as a
wx.Dialog) to create a general application.

These 2 changes are not related to each other.  These must be
separated and I do not wish to do that for all your patches (it is a
lot of work to break it up for those who are not the author).  The
patch http://gna.org/support/download.php?file_id=7714 is even worse.
Separate concepts must be in separate commits.  Note that violation of
the rules will result in a developer being expelled from the project.
Sorry for making this sound so harsh, but this is standard operating
procedure for software projects.  Once you can provide these
individual patches with acceptable commit messages, we will have a
vote to grant you commit access, and then the procedure for you to
make code changes will be much, much faster.  But first you need to
prove you can operate under the project rules.

Follow-up Comment #16, task #6847 (project relax):

Hi
I made some small changes:

- removed 'from res.xxxx import *'

- removed 'app. wx.PySimpleApp()' to avoid stacking problem, but I changed
teh __init__ file in /bieri_gui/gui_bieri/ by placing the wx.PySimpleApp
function before opening the about wx.Frame (which I reformated as a
wx.Dialog) to create a general application.

see patch

Cheers

(file #7713)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: 100118_patch                   Size:5 KB

 <http://gna.org/task/?6847>