mailStatus ideas for the relax controller.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on January 29, 2010 - 15:11:
Hi Michael,

I won't implement this yet (you could possibly have a go), but I now
have ideas how we can improve the communication between the core of
relax and the relax controller dialog.  The idea would be that the
executing code in 'auto_analyses' places status information into a
special object called a singleton
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singleton_pattern).  This singleton will
be available throughout relax, just as the relax data store is (see
data/__init__.py for how to implement a singleton in Python,
specifically the class variables and __new__()).  The 'auto_analyses'
classes could then set a variable in the status object specifying
which user function is running, and the relax controller can then read
this.  Anything could be dynamically placed in here - i.e. the Monte
Carlo simulation number, the spin systems optimised, etc.  We just
have to be careful that this won't be a problem with Gary's
multiprocessor code.  Is there anything else you would like to see the
relax controller doing?