mailRe: [task #7180] Import of BRUKER Protein Dynamic Center Protject

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on October 19, 2010 - 13:47:
Hi Micheal,

I've had a look at the PDC files, and there are 2 issues we need to
deal with (that I can see for now).  Firstly Bruker is reporting T1s
and T2s.  That in itself is not a problem as it is easy to convert to
R1 and R2 - an essential step in using the data.  The problem is with
the errors, you can't simply invert them!  There is no way to convert
these T1 and T2 errors into R1 and R2 errors that I know of.  So I
would suggest that we need to recalculate the R1 and R2 and obtain the
errors by Monte Carlo simulations.  This can be done easily as the PDC
files contain all that is needed.  Maybe we need to talk to Bruker
about this.

The second is, how does Bruker calculate the errors?  We will have to
ask them.  For a data analysis, errors are just as important, or maybe
even more important than the data itself.  So they need to be properly
estimated using the gold standard of Monte Carlo simulations - without
question.  For the R1s and R2s, the errors is obviously come from the
duplicated spectra.  But for the NOEs, it is totally unclear where the
errors come from.  For the NOE, the error can be directly calculated -
no MC sims required - but where do they get their estimate of the
base-plane noise?  We really need to be certain where the NOE errors
in the PDC file come from.

On 7 October 2010 07:35, Michael Bieri <NO-REPLY.INVALID-ADDRESS@xxxxxxx>