mailRe: [task #7404] Support for XYZ structure files.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on June 16, 2011 - 11:53:
Hi,

I have applied the patch, but there are too many unrelated changes
grouped together.  So unfortunately I cannot apply it.  I can see that
there are three new functions in the internal structural reader:

__parse_models_xyz()
__parse_mols_xyz()
load_xyz()

This could go in one patch, but they should be described.  There is
also a lot of debugging print outs, it would be useful to mention
this.

Then there is the new class MolContainer_xyz.  This is not needed as
MolContainer is a generic class with a few PDB specific methods.
These specific methods could have '_pdb' added to the end, and then
these are duplicated and changed to *_xyz().  But I would put these as
a separate patch.  The original MolContainer should be preserved as
this defines the internal structure object.

Then generic_fns/structure/main.py has a single empty line removed, so
this can be a single patch.  And the modification to the file
test_suite/shared_data/structures/Indol_test.xyz should be in a
separate patch, with a commit message explaining this change.
Finally, the test_read_xyz_internal1() system test has been modified
for the new SSS-cluster4-new-test.xyz file.  I would suggest that this
is done differently.  The current test can be duplicated and called
test_read_xyz_internal2().  The first test if for the Indol_test.xyz
file, the second is for the multi-model SSS-cluster4-new-test.xyz
file.