mailRe: r13063 - /branches/inversion-recovery/maths_fns/inversion-recovery.c

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on June 16, 2011 - 13:53:
Hi,

It would be good to make this more general so that it can be used
elsewhere in the future.  I would suggest maybe the following.  We
have a number of equations for an exponential:

1) b*e^(a.t)
2) b*e^(-a.t)
3) -b*e^(a.t)
4) -b*e^(-a.t)
5) c + b*e^(a.t)
6) c + b*e^(-a.t)
7) c - b*e^(a.t)
8) c - b*e^(-a.t)

For the inversion recovery we use 8) and for the normal Rx we use 2).
So maybe we could have a series of these functions, all of which are
very similar.  They could be called:

1) exp_2param
2) exp_2param_neg
1) exp_2param_inv
2) exp_2param_inv_neg
5) exp_3param
6) exp_3param_neg
7) exp_3param_inv
8) exp_3param_inv_neg

These would be incredibly easy to add by simple code duplication (this
is the fastest way computationally).  What do you think?