mailRe: Temporary and restricted developer access to the relax repositories for Han Sun.

Posted by Sébastien Morin on June 17, 2011 - 16:14:
Hi Ed (and Han),

This is perfectly ok with me.
Welcome !

Séb  :)

On 11-06-17 4:08 PM, Edward d'Auvergne wrote:
Dear relax developers,

As long as no one objects, I propose granting Han Sun
(https://gna.org/users/han87) restricted commit access to the relax
subversion repositories.  The access will only be allowed for the
'xyz' branch which she is developing for the support of the XYZ 3D
structure file format used by organic chemists
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XYZ_file_format).  Please respond in
private if you have any objections, and we can discuss and remove
access if needed.  We can have a private vote later on to allow her to
have full commit access, once this branch is developed and she can
prove that she can develop good, clean code meeting the relax coding
conventions, and corresponding properly formatted commit messages.
For now her coding style is pretty good and there is not much input I
can give her with the development of her branch, so granting temporary
and restricted access will speed up the development.

Han, if you would like to accept responsibility for this restricted
access, please read the short section 9.4 of the relax manual
(http://www.nmr-relax.com/docs.html) for what to do next.  Note that
you will be able to change all parts of the repository including the
main branches and website, but any changes you make outside of the
'xyz' branch will be instantly reverted.  You will be allowed to
modify these other parts later on once there is a private vote among
the relax developers to include you as a developer.