mailRe: [bug #19987] GUI opens and closes immediately

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on July 27, 2012 - 17:36:
Hi,

This looks like a strange problem with the SSH set up or with
wxPython.  For a test, could you see if other programs open up through
your SSH connection?  GTK Programs such as 'gvim', 'evolution',
'gedit', etc would be good, as well as the wxPython demo script
'demo.py' which will be installed somewhere on your system.  Other
useful information would be the output of running:

$ relax --info

I've never seen a segfault before on relax start up on any of my test
systems (including GNU/Linux, MS Windows and Mac OS X).  So my current
guess would be that it is an SSH setup issue, or a problem with your
wxPython version.  More information is needed to determine the cause
of the problem though.