mailRe: [sr #3044] Load spins from SPARKY list

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on June 18, 2013 - 19:21:
This is a really interesting idea!  It may require a new user function
added to the relax trunk.  I don't think it would quite fit into the
current sequence.read user function.  The only issue is that the
Sparky peak list format is highly variable and highly abused.  So
there would have to be a strictly enforced format in the relax reader.
 I think the current assumptions of the lib.software.sparky module
should be used.  This could fit nicely into a new function for
splitting up the Sparky assignment string into the residue name,
residue number, heteronucleaus name, and proton name.  A new residue
could then be created from the residue info, and two spin containers
created for the heteronucleus and proton and these connected by
defining an interatomic data container between them.   I think such a
user function should not be Sparky specific, but would be capable of
reading sequence data from all types of peak lists.

Are you interested in implementing this?  I think this will require
some discussions and planning before a good implementation can be
found.

On 18 June 2013 14:52, Troels E. Linnet