mailRe: Creation of a relax wiki

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on July 09, 2013 - 16:01:
The relax wiki is now linked to in the menu of all pages at
http://www.nmr-relax.com (see
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.nmr.relax.scm/18023).

On 24 June 2013 13:16, Troels Emtekær Linnet <tlinnet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear relax developers.

I felt the need to create a wiki, to document my own progress into the relax
use.

Much in the same way the pymol wiki serves an excellent resource of
information.

I was noting information down in our internal lab wiki about relax, but
found it more useful if more
users could take advantage of this information.

At the moment, it is located at my brothers domain:
http://nmr-relax.kimlinnet.dk

I hope when it has matured, and after a little discussion of format, it can
be moved to:
http://www.wiki.nmr-relax.com/

My most strong motivation, was that I last year made a tutorial at the pymol
wiki, for
a course in biochemistry. Returning the following year with teaching in the
same course,
I noticed over 8000 views. Not bad.

I see a wiki as an excellent possibility for "quickly" noting and improving
information, which is
not readily available in the manual or other "places"

I try to make links to the relax online manual and API, and then improving
with contents I myself
would find useful, or that I find answers to.

If some pages has a large "hit-rate" it could be considered valuable to
"rewrite / port" the information into
the relax manual? And with the text "kind-of" available, it should not take
to long time to "copy/paste/modify" it.

Best
Troels Emtekær Linnet
PhD student