mailRe: Pulse miscalibration, R1A and R1B in the fitting_main_kex.py script.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on July 17, 2013 - 11:32:
Hi,

There is one more 'trick' I am using to speed everything up.  The
initial grid search required prior to optimisation can be quite
expensive for the models with the R20A and R20B parameters (i.e. R2G
and R2E).  So I have created simpler or reduced versions of the models
whereby R20A = R20B = R20 in the target function (the relax library
code derived from the fitting_main_kex.py script is not touched).  In
the automated analysis presented to users, the simpler model is
optimised first.  Then instead of performing the expensive grid search
on the more complex model, the parameters of the simpler model are
taken as the starting point for the more complex model.  The R20A and
R20B values are initialised to the same R20 value, but these then
diverge.  Note that this has no effect on Monte Carlo simulation
speed.  This also is not used if the standard relax script interface
is used and the auto-analysis is avoided.  I will write an email once
all of the models are taken over into relax and all the reduced models
have been created.

P. S.  The relax auto-analyses are simply large relax scripts bundled
with the program and presented to the user in a simple interface in
both the script/prompt UI and graphical user interface.