mailRe: [sr #3043] Support for NMRPipe seriesTab format *.ser

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on July 20, 2013 - 15:46:
Hi,

Unfortunately the patches in comment #36
(https://gna.org/support/?3043#comment36) do not apply.  The problem
is file #18366 (seriestab.tar.gz,
https://gna.org/support/download.php?file_id=18366), as this patch
says to create a new file.  However the lib/software/nmrpipe.py file
already exists in the trunk.  Do you know why git is saying this is a
new file?  Could this be a git-svn problem?  Also, did you use one of
the other files in lib/software as a template?  If so, the way to do
this would be to copy the file in the subversion repository to the new
file.  This preserves the history of the file, which is important.  If
this is the case, I could do the following, step-by-step:

1)  Delete the current lib/software/nmrpipe.py file, which is just a
stub anyway.  Commit the deletion.

2)  Copy the original file to the new, for example if the sparky.py
file was the template, I could type:

$ svn cp lib/software/sparky.py lib/software/nmrpipe.py

And commit the copied file.

3)  Get you to update a clean repository copy, delete your
lib/software/nmrpipe.py file, and then copy the file in
seriestab.tar.gz to lib/software/nmrpipe.py.  Git can then be used to
create a diff or patch for this, as it will simply see a modified
file.

4)  Finally I can apply the 3 patches in spectrum.tar.gz
(https://gna.org/support/download.php?file_id=18367).

Some other comments about this patch:

- The function docstring has the incorrect argument 'col_mult'.

- There are a few trailing whitespace instances, as well as lines with
only whitespace (a minor issue).

- The brackets in statements such as "if not (header):" are not needed.

- There is a missing empty line at the end.

These are all very minor.  Once we sort out the new file issue, this
should be quick to get running.

On 20 July 2013 13:14, Troels E. Linnet