mailRe: [sr #3078] Parse spin.model names to the value.write user function.

Posted by Troels Emtekær Linnet on September 10, 2013 - 17:00:
Well well well.

That's very smart with the list of things which should be written out.

So, I think it now boils down to a level of convenience.

----------
* Problem

When I look in the "final" run directory, I do not readily have access
to a file (or a plot ref:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.nmr.relax.devel/4425)
which tells me which model has been used per spin.

I see this information as vital, and I believe it should be presented
as easy as possible.

I can create such a list in relax, but is is not "easily reached".

I do not understand why there is a desire not to include a column with
the spin.model information.
There is probably a deeper lying reason for this.

But where should I tackle this problem?
1) The spin.model is included as column in the value.write parameter file.
- Cons: This information is superfluous for the writing of each of the models.
- Cons: Change of file formats can give un-expected problems for users.

2) The spin.model is included as column in the value.write parameter
file for the "final" round.
- Pro: This gives the overview I am looking for.
- Cons: Change of file formats can give problems.

3) A "model" file is written out for the "final" round.
- Cons: It is annoying to compare between two files.

4) Duplicates of all parameter files, where the copy include the
spin.model as a column.
Well, dublicate of files is not "nice".

Given that linux have the ability to merge text files:
paste kex.out dw.out

I can "survive" with option 3, and I think this is what you are hinting for.

Best
Troels

Troels Emtekær Linnet