mailRe: [bug #21814] PDB file format

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on March 19, 2014 - 14:08:
Hi Stefano,

The PDB chain IDs in relax are treated as separate molecules, as that
is how the chain IDs are defined in the PDB standard.  In testing all
3 PDB files, I see:

"""
script = 'test.py'
pipe.create('bug_21814', 'mf')
structure.read_pdb('SpUreE_dimer_H.pdb')
structure.read_pdb('SpUreE_dimer_H_new.pdb')
structure.read_pdb('hadded_2_test.pdb')

relax> pipe.create(pipe_name='bug_21814', pipe_type='mf', bundle=None)

relax> structure.read_pdb(file='SpUreE_dimer_H.pdb', dir=None,
read_mol=None, set_mol_name=None, read_model=None, set_model_num=None,
alt_loc=None, merge=False)

Internal relax PDB parser.
Opening the file 'SpUreE_dimer_H.pdb' for reading.
Adding molecule 'SpUreE_dimer_H_mol1' to model None (from the original
molecule number 1 of model None)
Adding molecule 'SpUreE_dimer_H_mol2' to model None (from the original
molecule number 2 of model None)

relax> structure.read_pdb(file='SpUreE_dimer_H_new.pdb', dir=None,
read_mol=None, set_mol_name=None, read_model=None, set_model_num=None,
alt_loc=None, merge=False)

Internal relax PDB parser.
Opening the file 'SpUreE_dimer_H_new.pdb.bz2' for reading.
Adding molecule 'SpUreE_dimer_H_new.pdb_mol3' to model None (from the
original molecule number 1 of model None)
Adding molecule 'SpUreE_dimer_H_new.pdb_mol4' to model None (from the
original molecule number 2 of model None)

relax> structure.read_pdb(file='hadded_2_test.pdb', dir=None,
read_mol=None, set_mol_name=None, read_model=None, set_model_num=None,
alt_loc=None, merge=False)

Internal relax PDB parser.
Opening the file 'hadded_2_test.pdb' for reading.
Adding molecule 'hadded_2_test_mol5' to model None (from the original
molecule number 1 of model None)
"""

Therefore everything appears to be working correctly now - from the
aspect of reading PDB files anyway.

On 19 March 2014 13:29, Stefano Luciano Ciurli <stefano.ciurli@xxxxxxxx>