mailRe: [bug #21814] PDB file format

Posted by Stefano Luciano Ciurli on March 19, 2014 - 13:29:
Hi Edward,

The following error occurs when loading the SpUreE_dimer_H_new.pdb and
hadded_2.pdb PDB files (but not the SpUreE_dimer_H.pdb file)

OK at least now I know where to look for error.

In the "good" file SpUreE_dimer_H.pdb, I have no headers, the two chains are
labeled A and B, and the residue numbering continues on after the end of
chain A; same thing for another file that also works, generated using
MODELLER and that contains three lines made by MODELLER itself, two chains
labeled A and B and residue numbering continuing after chain A, the zinc atom
is also present;

In the "bad" file SpUreE_dimer_H_new.pdb, I have the PDB headers, chains
labeled A and B, and the residue numbering restarts from 1 after the end of
chain A; so, restarting residue numbering is "bad"

In the "bad" file hadded_2.pdb, I have the PDB headers, I have only one chain
that reaches only up to residue 143 (missing four residues) and the Zn ion
and water molecules are still there; here the problem is probably the number
of residues.

Stefano