mailRe: [sr #3127] Opposite S2 values to expected

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on April 11, 2014 - 09:11:
Hi Soumya,

The data look quite convincing.  The pattern formed by your order
parameter trace seems to match the patterns in your base R2 and NOE
data.  So this is a very good sign.  There is a bit more variability
in your order parameters compared to the base data which could
indicate that the bond vector orientations in some parts might be
slightly skewed.  But I don't have the base numbers to carefully check
and see it the S2 variability matches trends and variations in your
2-field strength base data - that is something you need to do to be
sure yourself.  Any points you find strange, you should go back to the
base relaxation data and your spectra and see if you can see anything
strange (peak overlap or truncation or other artifacts when you drop
noise level to the baseplane).  You may find that certain peaks should
not be included.  You can also look back at your relax log file and
see if the AIC model selection results are reasonable
(http://dx.doi.org/10.1023/A:1021902006114).  Also look at the model
elimination results in the log file
(http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10858-006-9007-z).  You should also check
in that log for all warning messages to be sure that relax is not
warning you of a major problem.

Anyway, you should be pretty close to having your final analysis and
publishable data (after carefully auditing all your data points).
Don't forget the BMRB export using the 'File->Export for BMRB
deposition' menu item and BMRB submission via the ADIT-NMR system at
http://www.bmrb.wisc.edu/deposit/ for the data you will publish - so
that you have a BMRB deposition number for your paper.  For citing
relax, you could use the compact single citation notation for the
back-to-back publication as - d'Auvergne, E. J. and Gooley, P. R.
(2008). Optimisation of NMR dynamic models. J. Biomol. NMR, 40(2),
107-133.