mailRe: pA = 0.5 problems.

Posted by Troels Emtekær Linnet on April 29, 2014 - 19:39:
Hi Edward.

I tried to generate sherekhan output, but since I have time_T2 of 0.04
and 0.06, for the two fields,
I cannot generate the input files for ShereKhan.

My problem origins from that I would like to compare results from Igor
Pro script.
Yet, another software solution.

I now got the expected pA values of 0.97 if I did a cluster of two residues.

If I do an initial Grid inc of 21, use
relax_disp.set_grid_r20_from_min_r2eff(force=False) I get this.

:10@N GRID   r2600=20.28 r2500=18.48 dw=1.0 pA=0.900 kex=2000.80
chi2=28.28 spin_id=:10@N resi=10 resn=G
:10@N MIN    r2600=19.64 r2500=17.88 dw=0.7 pA=0.500 kex=2665.16
chi2=14.61 spin_id=:10@N resi=10 resn=G
:10@N Clust  r2600=18.43 r2500=16.98 dw=2.7 pA=0.972 kex=3831.77
chi2=48.79 spin_id=:10@N resi=10 resn=G

:11@N GRID   r2600=19.54 r2500=17.96 dw=1.0 pA=0.825 kex=3500.65
chi2=47.22 spin_id=:11@N resi=11 resn=D
:11@N MIN    r2600=14.98 r2500=15.08 dw=1.6 pA=0.760 kex=6687.15
chi2=18.36 spin_id=:11@N resi=11 resn=D
:11@N Clust  r2600=18.19 r2500=17.31 dw=2.7 pA=0.972 kex=3831.77
chi2=48.79 spin_id=:11@N resi=11 resn=D

Ideally, I would like to cluster 68 residues.

But as you can see, if several of my residues start out with dw/pA far
from the Clustered result, this minimisation takes
hilarious long time.

I am very soon ready to send last fixes.

Hi Troels,

Here is the new thread, just to keep things separate and clean.  The
old thread that this originates from is at
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.science.nmr.relax.devel/5402.

Note that you will always see different results for CPMGFit and all
other software when multiple field strength data is involved.  The
reason is because of a fundamental assumption that that software
makes.  And that is that R20 is the same for all fields!  No other
dispersion software makes that assumption as it is know that the all
relaxation rates are field strength dependent.  So comparing CPMGFit
to relax for debugging purposes is not of much use.  See the CR72
model in test_suite/shared_data/dispersion/software_comparison for
example.

Are you sure that the CR72 model is suitable for this data?  You could
try ShereKhan for a comparison as relax and ShereKhan, from all my
testing, produce 100% identical results.  Or you could try the "MMQ
CR72" model in cpmg_fit from Dmitry Korzhnev.  You could also compare
the numerical models to the CR72 model all within relax, as these
should produce similar results.