mailRe: pA = 0.5 problems.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on April 30, 2014 - 16:33:
Hi,

Great, the delta_omega value should be different when clustering.  For
the high values, you should check the fitted curves to see if you see
any issues.  It is likely that this is actually the values at the
minimum, and that noise or some experimental bias is pushing the
values too high.  But if that's what the data says, then there is
nothing you can do about it.  Adding constraints to prevent such
situations is just an ugly hack - the end result will be meaningless
anyway as it is not the minimum.  The best is to report the value with
its Monte Carlo simulation error.  You will probably find that the
errors for these high delta_omega values will also be large and hence
the large values are not statistically meaningful.