mailRe: Trick to remove unused import

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on June 13, 2014 - 14:03:
I just ran a grep and can see it is still used in some of the files:

$ grep "array(" * -l
it99.py
mmq_cr72.py
ns_cpmg_2site_expanded.py
ns_matrices.py
ns_mmq_2site.py
ns_mmq_3site.py
$

So using the sed program is probably not an option.  It might be
easiest to delete them one-by-one.  I would also recommend using
Pylint (http://www.pylint.org/) to find all unused exports.  I use
Pylint, looking only at the unused import warnings, to clean up the
code.  The "External dependencies" printout is also very useful for
simplifying code and avoiding circular imports.