mailRe: R20B and R20C in ns_mmq_2site and 3site

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on June 24, 2014 - 11:22:
Hi,

Yes, this is deliberate.  The 3-site models are already almost
impossible to optimise as they have so many minima, and this is an
active research area in the dispersion field.  Introducing R20A !=
R20B != R20C increases the number of minima exponentially, making the
problem totally impossible to solve.  So that is why we have R20A =
R20B = R20C in the model.  It might be possible to create 'full'
versions of these models where these rates are different, but I think
the field needs to develop further before this is of any use.

But the infrastructure in lib.dispersion does support R20A != R20B !=
R20C.  The reason for this is that the lib.dispersion modules can be
directly used to investigate the optimisation space problems.  I would
like to have this as a powerful tool for investigating this
multi-site, multi-rate problem in the future.