mailRe: Uploading and setting up new extensions for the relax wiki.

Posted by Troels Emtekær Linnet on September 05, 2014 - 16:14:
Hi Edward.

There is maybe a work-around for that.

I had another homepage, a problem with:
#
open_basedir

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in
effect.

http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/open_basedir-restriction-in-effect
####

I got it to work, after contacting the domain hotel, which changed a setting.

Do you want me to pursue this?

Doh!  This doesn't seem to work.  According to
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Scribunto#Lua_binary, to run
the Lua binary, which is required for this extension, the proc_open()
PHP function is required.  But according to the new page
http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/phpinfo.php, it is in the disabled_functions
list.  I've just tried to create an infobox at
http://wiki.nmr-relax.com/Relax_3.2.2 and see:

"""
Warning: proc_open() has been disabled for security reasons in
/home/www/wiki.nmr-relax.com/extensions/Scribunto/engines/LuaStandalone/LuaStandaloneEngine.php
on line 134

Fatal error: Call to a member function getStatus() on a non-object in
/home/www/wiki.nmr-relax.com/extensions/Scribunto/engines/LuaStandalone/LuaStandaloneEngine.php
on line 10
"""

I didn't realise how painful installing MediaWiki extensions can be!!!