mailRe: Fatal GUI Segmentation Fault bugs in wxPython 2.8.

Posted by Edward d'Auvergne on February 03, 2015 - 09:35:
Hi,

I've actually found that these problems are only on the millisecond
time scale, and hence a normal user will never be able to move the
mouse so fast.  With recent GUI test changes:

r27444 - http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.nmr.relax.scm/25195
r27445 - http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.nmr.relax.scm/25196

the crashing on wxPython 2.8 disappears.  This is probably due to the
problem being hidden.  However as I don't believe that a user will
ever be quick enough to trigger these issues, I will revert the recent
changes disabling wxPython 2.8:

r27241 - http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.nmr.relax.scm/24992
r27243 - http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.nmr.relax.scm/24994

However I will leave the documentation as is, so that users move away
from the buggy wxPython 2.8 version.